6. by Janet Evanovich Stay tuned; Stephanie Plum is in
4. People named after articles of clothing or physical characteristics.
Like, how did Little Red Riding Hood’s parents know she’d like that hoodie so much? What if she wants a black one next time? Nope, you have to stick with red, Red. What if Snow White got a suntan? Suppose the Goose Girl decided she preferred a career in shepherding? These are important issues to consider.
5. Parents promising their child as payment for something.
Like, who DOES that?
6. Girls fall in love with bears or other animals.
East of Sun, West of Moon, Snow White and Rose Red, various versions of Beauty and the Beast. It’s one of those things that sounds okay when you’re a little kid, but later on, it’s creepy. Think about it. How do you tell your parents that their grandchildren will be CUBS?
7. Magic beans are. . .magic.
If someone offers you magic beans for your cow, move on. Nothing to see here. It’s like those scams where they claim you won a foreign lottery you don’t remember entering.